- Houdini will set the rotations when instancing, depending upon a number of different point attributes. The logic is described here and the instancing in HtoA should work the same way.
- For instancing, use the Instance object with fast point instancing. HtoA doesn’t support full point instancing.
- You can assign material to instances with the shop_materialpath string attribute on the instance points.
- Fast point instancing supports per-instance user data and instance OBJ property overrides.
- Light instancing is not supported [yet]. Actually, Arnold itself doesn’t support light instances, but what plugins like MtoA and SItoA do is translate the light instances into duplicates of the light for Arnold.
- Procedural can be instanced (see below).
copyToPoint SOP used to copy Alembic Packed Primitives files