This is a feature release, bringing Arnold 6.0 for GPU and initial support for Arnold in Solaris. It also features the import and export of materials, and a viewport proxy for procedurals.
To make the Arnold hydra plugin available in the staging environment, please either set the PXR_PLUGINPATH_NAME environment variable, or add it in the houdini.env file. Set the value of PXR_PLUGINPATH_NAME to the location of the hydra folder within the HtoA install tree. Running the installer with the Install and Configure option will add this to your houdini.env file as part of the install process.
This release uses Arnold 220.127.116.11, OpenVDB 4.0.0 and Arnold-USD (0271b7ad).
Binaries available for the following Houdini, Houdini FX, Houdini Indie and Houdini Education production builds:
and for the following platforms:
- Linux x86_64 (H16: gcc4.8 and H17: gcc6.3)
- Windows 7 x64 (H16: vc14 and H17: vc14.1)
- Mac OS X 10.8+ (clang7.3)
Please note that Houdini Apprentice does not support third-party renderers and thus cannot run HtoA.
- IPR updates for light creation and deletion (htoa#499)
- Export materials (htoa#1315)
- Import materials (htoa#1314)
- Import materials with input component connections (htoa#1341)
- Initial Solaris support for HtoA (htoa#1329)
- Viewport proxy for arnold procedurals (htoa#1318)
- Add aov_write_vector shader to prevent clamping on specific AOVs (htoa#1235)
- Update materialx operator (htoa#1321)
- Add Role (OCIO) color space family (htoa#1348)
- Notarise the OSX HtoA installer (htoa#1292)
Launch license manager (htoa#1308, htoa#1346)
- Build psutil on OSX (htoa#1349)
- OSX installer crashing on extraction (htoa#1352)
Int and Bool hydra render settings not coming through in OSX (htoa#1355)
Crash when creating the Render Settings LOP (htoa#1353)
See also the Arnold 18.104.22.168 release notes for the full list of core enhancements and fixes.