I just subscribed to Arnold. Where's my license file?
- If you have a single-user license, there is no license file. You just need to sign in on the machine that will render.
- If you have an multi-user subscription, you have to log on to manage.autodesk.com and generate a new license.
How do I know if I have a single-user license?
What's a single-user license?
- A single-user license can be used by a single, named user only. To activate a single user license, you sign in with your Autodesk ID. There's no license server or license file.
- See the Arnold single-User questions and and answers
I generated a new license file. Now what do I do?
If you already have the Autodesk Network License Manager set up and running:
If you need to install the Autodesk Network License Manager:
- Open the Arnold License Manager and click File > Install License Server
Or download the installer and run it
- Connect to the license server
I have an Arnold 2020 license, but I want to use Maya 2018
You can use an Arnold 2020 license in any version of Maya, 3ds Max, Houdini, CINEMA 4D, Katana, or Softimage, as long as there is an Arnold 6 version of the plugin available.
For example, you can use an Arnold 2020 license with Maya 2020, Maya 2019, and Maya 2018.