HtoA 220.127.116.11 is a feature release using Arnold 18.104.22.168.
Please download the .py3 version of the HtoA installer when installing the Python 3 versions of Houdini.
Houdini, Houdini FX, Houdini Indie and Houdini Education
- Windows 10 or later, with the Visual Studio 2019 redistributable.
- Linux with at least glibc 2.17 and libstdc++ 4.8.5 (gcc 4.8.5). This is equivalent to RHEL/CentOS 7.
- macOS 10.13 or later.
- CPUs need to support the SSE4.1 instruction set. Apple Mac models with M series chips are supported under Rosetta 2 mode.
- GPU rendering works on Windows and Linux only and requires an NVIDIA GPU of the Ampere, Turing, Volta, Pascal, or Maxwell architecture.
- Optix™ denoiser requires an NVidia GPU with CUDA™ Compute Capability 5.0 and above.
- We recommend using the 511.09 (Quadro), 511.09 (GeForce), or higher on Windows and 495.46 or higher drivers on Linux. See Getting Started with Arnold GPU for more information.
The driver type must be set to DCH.
In the driver page select "Windows Driver Type:" DCH
The cache will also need to be re-populated after installing a new Arnold version, updating to a new NVIDIA driver, or changing the hardware configuration of GPUs on the system. More information can be found here.
- htoa#1592 - Add atmosphere and background render settings LOP parameters
- htoa#1894 - Add triplanar options for inputY and inputZ
- htoa#1906 - Ship OSL includes
A wide range of shading effects such as snow, dust, sand, and moss, can be achieved using input_per_axis (Y). Render times of a simple scene with volume_scatter.samples=30: AOV denoising with the OptiX denoiser: Upgraded from the Optix 6 to Optix 7 denoiser. This newer denoiser supports denoising AOVs in a way that allows the denoised result to be compositable. Previous OptiX denoisers had no guarantees that the denoised results would combine correctly. ARNOLD-11726
Rollover images to view with and without triplanar.input_per_axis (Y)
AA AA_max Arnold 7.0 Arnold 7.1 4 50 5:28min (node update: 5:20min) 8 sec (node update: 0 sec)
AiFindDriverType() is now case insensitive, so asking, for instance, for a "png", "PNG", or "Png" will all return the png driver. This can be observed with
kick -o, which will now work for different case types. ARNOLD-11934
TextureResolveUseExistingTx stage is now much faster when many threads are trying to open textures for the first time with the use existing tx option enabled. On a 128-core machine we saw about an 8x speedup. ARNOLD-11689
A wide range of shading effects such as snow, dust, sand, and moss, can be achieved using input_per_axis (Y).
Render times of a simple scene with volume_scatter.samples=30:
AOV denoising with the OptiX denoiser: Upgraded from the Optix 6 to Optix 7 denoiser. This newer denoiser supports denoising AOVs in a way that allows the denoised result to be compositable. Previous OptiX denoisers had no guarantees that the denoised results would combine correctly. ARNOLD-11726
- Warnings about deprecated API usage enabled by default: Warnings about deprecated API usage are controlled by the AI_ENABLE_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS macro, which is now set to 1 by default. This will help you find any use of old Arnold API that might be causing issues. If you still need to disable them for some specific part of your code, they can be disabled by setting AI_ENABLE_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS to 0. (ARNOLD-11751).
- Changes in node_initialize/node_update: Those functions now receive a new parameter for the render session where the node is being rendered. This render session can be used for any API call requiring it to be specified. (ARNOLD-11817)
- Changes in logging API: Logging functions have been modified so that log messages are associated with a universe instead of a render session. This means the `AiMsgSetLogFileFlags`, `AiMsgSetConsoleFlags`, `AiMsgGetLogFileFlags` and `AiMsgGetConsoleFlags` API functions will now require a universe pointer instead of a render session pointer. Also, the log callback will receive a universe pointer parameter (called "universe") instead of a render session pointer. (ARNOLD-11983)
- Autodesk Network Licensing version: Arnold 7.1 switches to
- Single-user subscriptions will work with Arnold 7.1. The plugin installers automatically register the new version. If you do not use a plugin, then after you download Arnold, open the Arnold License Manager and click Register.
- Existing network licenses will not work with Arnold 7.1. Log on to your Autodesk account to generate your new
- htoa#1393 - Propagate exr autocrop option to AOVs
- hota#1581 - Fix ramp element connections in Solaris
- hota#1874 - Husk loads hdArnold.so on Linux in Houdini 19
- hota#1891 - Fix volume velocity motion blur so it responds to shutter interval
- hota#1895 - Update Arnold ROP onCreate script for python 3
- hota#1896 - Fix licensing issue on Windows
- hota#1897 - Set the colorspace of image nodes with tx files to the render colorspace
- hota#1898 - Fix to hush startup log if the HTOA_STARTUP_LOG env is set to 0
- hota#1902 - Set logging on translation universe
- hota#1910 - Fix image.filename USD metadata
- ARNOLD-11958 - Color correct shader produces incorrect values with small gamma values
- ARNOLD-11852 - Memory leak with imagers when rendering multiple frames
- ARNOLD-11835 - Full frame imagers crash with negative render region
- ARNOLD-11827 - Intel Alder Lake CPUs did not always use high performance cores in Windows
- ARNOLD-11795 - Spotlight penumbra should affect the specular intensity
- ARNOLD-11667 - GPU and CPU+FIS filtering generated sampling patterns that could alias
- ARNOLD-11242 - 'n' key was no longer toggling AI denoisers in kick IPR
- ARNOLD-10400 - Volume motion blur advection computation was incorrect
- ARNOLD-10391 - Volume motion blur used incorrect motion/shutter intervals
- ARNOLD-11889 - Maketx --monochrome-detect should generate Y not R image for exr formats
- ARNOLD-11968 - AiUniverseGetRenderSession returns invalid pointer instead of null if the session was previously destroyed
- ARNOLD-11982 - Texture invalidation in Linux and macOS occurred even when texture was not modified
- ARNOLD-12055 - [GPU] Crash switching from CPU to GPU with optix denoiser
- ARNOLD-10577 - [GPU] Textured skydome_light leaks memory over multiple frames in a session