What's new in Version 2.2
Based on version 126.96.36.199 of the Arnold core.
Highlighted new features:
• Softimage 2013 support.
• Preview standin in the viewport. See the SItoA Viewer section for details.
• Per-face displacement support (previously we only supported one displacement shader tree per object).
• Custom procedurals can be driven by data from ICE. See details here.
• Support for ICE materials system in Softimage 2012 and later.
• Custom user parameters on standins/procedural. See details here.
• Several new shaders ported (txt3d-marble, txt3d_checkerboard).
• Gamma Workflow in the sib_image_clip shader. Check the notes at ticket#506 comment:28.
Because displacement is now handled per-face, some of the parameters that previously were assigned in the material level (in sta_displacement) have been moved to the Arnold Parameters PPG, per object. This has the effect that displacement parameters from older scenes will break and have to be reapplied individually.