The C4DtoA plug-in is distributed as an executable file. To install it, simply follow these steps:
- Download C4DtoA from the Solid Angle web site.
- Double click on the downloaded .exe file to start the installation. On Windows 8 you may get a warning message saying "Windows protected your PC". If this happens click "More Info" and then click "Run anyway" to proceed with the installation.
- Keep the default installation options, and click through the Setup Wizard until the setup is completed.
4. Select the directory where your CINEMA 4D is installed. C4DtoA installer will auto-detect the installation path.
5. Choose the folder where C4DtoA will appear in the Start menu.
6. Click Install to start the installation and click Finish to close the Setup Wizard.
7. Start CINEMA 4D and go to the Plugins menu. You should see the C4DtoA plugin menu as below:
You should now able to render with Arnold.
You can run the installer in silent mode from the command line using the following command:
C4DtoA-2.0.0-win-R18.exe /S /D=c:\my\install\folder
/S defines the silent mode, /D defines the install folder. If the folder is not given then the C4D folder from the registry is used.
Because of a limitation the installer can not write any messages to the console. Also the command returns immediately and the silent install runs in the background, so a special logic is needed on the user side to detect when the install finishes and it was successful or not.
If you have already installed a previous version of C4DtoA using the installer, then the installer will automatically detect this and uninstall the previous version. Alternatively, you can try the following:
- By using the Programs and Features function from the Control Panel.
- Locate the uninstall.exe file in the folder where you installed the previous version of C4DtoA, and execute that yourself. In Windows, this might be somewhere like: C:\Program Files\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R18\plugins\C4DtoA