22 September 2014
This is the first public release of HtoA.
- Get the install files on Solid Angle Downloads.
- Follow these installation instructions.
This release uses Arnold 126.96.36.199 and OpenVDB 2.3.0.
Binaries available for the following Houdini or Houdini FX production builds:
and for the following platforms:
- Linux x86_64 (gcc4.4)
- Windows 7 x64 (vc11)
- Mac OS X 10.8+
Please note that Houdini Apprentice and Houdini Indie do not support third party renderers and thus cannot run HtoA.
Initial IPR implementation with support for ROP parameter changes, full camera and light updates, shader parameter changes and object transform updates (#365)
EXR overscan support (#386)
Automatic texture_max_open_files (#387)
Display bucket borders for the final AA only (#376)
Arnold menu (#396)
Update developer documentation (#399)
- Re-enable tiling for deep OpenEXR (#410)
- driver_houdini is now installed in
arnold/drivers, separately from the factory shaders to avoid errors when making HtoA shaders available in another package (#404)
- Namespaced all HtoA shaders, procedurals and volume plugins to avoid collisions with the other plugins implementations. Shaders names are now prefixed with
htoa__ and procedural and volume plugin DSO names are prefixed with
.ass file not written if extension not ".ass" (#370)
Force manifest generation for Visual Studio 2012 (#371)
Optimize user data shaders (#369)
No camera exported when doing render region and no camera exists in the scene (#372)
Linking with wrong libJPEG on OSX (#317)
Exception when ROP shutter length is zero (#379)
- Removed htoa.utils module (#400)
- Exit gracefully when driver_houdini is run outside of hick (#402)
- Fix UI logic for prefix / suffix when exporting ASS files (#329)
- Log error messages with printf outside of an Arnold universe (#390)
- UI tweaks on the image and int_to_float shaders (#335)
- Fixed crash when exporting attributes and UVs from tessellated geometry (#380)
- Replace driver_houdini with a default driver_exr when exporting .ass files (#401)
- Evaluate shader parameters at the export frame instead of the current frame (#222)
- Procedural bounds should not be in object space (#305)
- Do not install the API docs if they were not generated (#409)
- Render region display stuck after tumbling the viewport camera on Windows (#384)
- In an effort to simplify releases, we are dropping support of the Windows vc9 builds, please contact us if this is a problem for you.
- The switch shader is now 0-based for better compatibility with the compare shader (#406)
- The factory shaders and procedurals are now located in
arnold/procedurals instead of
- Renamed HtoA shaders DSO to